Several months ago, my eldest DD bought me yarn and needles.
She really did.
She bought it for my birthday.
She bought it because she loves me and, unlike others that live with me (who think I have all the yarn and needles in the universe), believes me when I say that what would please me most would be a gift of yarn.
She shuffled off to several LYS's in Austin.
She asked alot of questions.
She talked to my friends to find out what I might like.
And she did a VERY good job!
She bought Addi Turbo Lace needles (which I did not have).
She bought me several skeins of beautiful sock yarns (which I love)
And she bought me....MALABRIGO LACE!
I asked for more of this yarn, so I could make an actual project!
She managed to find two more skeins, in the same colorway!
The result is my new obsession!
This has to be the most addicting yarn on the planet! The Feather and Fan pattern is fabulously easy, and, even with the tendency of lace to look like the dog's dinner until blocked, when it is spread just a little bit, you can see the loveliness that is Malabrigo!
I owe apologies to Ms. Violet! I thought she was simply being dramatic when she said it cured eczema! Hell, this stuff could cure anything! I'm on row 104 and have just about used up one skein...but it is growing by the row. 600 stitches. I think it grows to about 1400 stitches in the end. But I still great big huggy lurves it!
For those of you that are on Ravelry, get thyself over to the Mission Possible message boards. The idea (and it is a great one) is to commit to finishing 12 things before December 31st, 2008. I announced my list there, and will repeat it here (where
it can haunt me I can see it.
1-6. I will finish each Rockin' Sock Club Sock before the next one arrives! (This counts as 6!)
7. I will finish Dunadd! This year! I really love the pattern, and the yarn, but the darned thing is getting too big to haul around with me! I don't get great big whacks of knitting time at home, so I work on things that are less complex, like socks. And the insanity that is Malabrigo has taken up a lot of knitty concentration!
8. Wash, card and spin my alpaca fleeces!
9. Finish the Kauni sweater! (I only have the sleeves left!)
10. Spin one "Sheep to Shoe" kit and knit the sock!
11. Knit the Central Park Hoodie (since I fell down Boom! at the Woolie Ewe's end of the year clearance and bought all the yarn for it!)
12. And of course, finish Feather and Fan (I don't think that will be a problem)
I don't think that this will be a problem, unless the serendipitous DD goes back to the Knitting Nest for my Mother's day present.